WD Support **bleep**! If you lost your CHAP password and or username, YOU CAN GET IT BACK!

After losing my CHAP secret to my iSCSI LUN Volume I tried calling in to WD being that my EX2 is still under warranty and came with a certain length of support.  So I call in to tell them that I cant access any of the information on my iSCSI drive because I forgot my password.  I explained that I did have access to the dashboard through https and that I wasnt able to disable CHAP through the admin panel on the dashboard, when I tried I was given an error of “please enter positive integer”.  Long story short, after being escalated to the highest level of support and talking to multiple techs, they explained to me that the data I had was lost and that there was nothing that I could do.  Also, many people on forums that I asked at, also told me to give up or call a data recovery firm and pay ridiculous amounts of money to retrieve my data.

[Deleted] If anyone out there has lost their CHAP secret after a long length of time but you still have access to your NAS, dont give up.  THERE IS A WAY!!  That is all I am going to say on that matter because I understand that there is security issues and reasons this info isnt easily available.  If anyone does need help though feel free to PM me.

Sorry I had to edit your post.  But I do have to enforce our guidelines.  That being said, I would really like to know how you did it, since I’m using CHAP on my wife’s Win 7 computer.  Feel free to pm me what you did.  Because I would be lost if I ever forgot the password.

@bda714 I am in the same situation, i forgot my encryption password, and I too went to their support given i have warranty, and all they could say was if I can’t remember the password my data was lost forever, and I did point out that since my firmware version, they have fixed multiple critical vulnerabilities, and there should be a way, but the tech kept saying if i can’t remember the password my data is gone. I asked many questions, but he sounded like an old vinyl that had got stuck repeating the sentence, so I quit. If someone at WD knows the answer, this guy was not him.