WD SSC-D0064 SSD Speeds?

Hey guys,

I picked up a WD SC-D0064 64 GB SSD the other day and not really seeing the speeds I expected.  I’m running it on AHCI on Windows 7 Home Premium on the following system:

Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R Mobo (Bios F8a)

Core i7-860

8 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM

WD6401AALS (640GB) Data Drive (Contains the PageFile)

I ran through most of the tweaks located on the SSD Optimization Guide.  While my system does seem a tad bit faster, I’m not noticing large increases over when I had the WD6401AALS as my OS boot drive.  I’m only getting a 5.9 windows experience index rating on the SSD.  HD Tune Pro is giving me:

Minimum: 125.6 MB/s

Maximum: 177.9 MB/s

Avg: 159.3 MB/s

Access time: 0.2 ms

Burst: 112.1 MB/s

CPU: 4.4%

Any thoughts on something I might be missing that would bump my performance up closer to the claimed 250’ish MB/s on the drive?

Thanks!

I have one of the 64GB WD SSD. My WEI is 7. However, my old PC is with a reagular HD boots faster and loads applications faster than my newly built SSD version.  The worst part is that after a few restore of Window 7, it now take 4 hours to restore Window in the SSD version while only a 10-15 minutes for the HD version.  I am very disappointed.

flyfly wrote:

I have one of the 64GB WD SSD. My WEI is 7. However, my old PC is with a reagular HD boots faster and loads applications faster than my newly built SSD version.  The worst part is that after a few restore of Window 7, it now take 4 hours to restore Window in the SSD version while only a 10-15 minutes for the HD version.  I am very disappointed.

Where did you buy your SSD?  And have you talked to them about it?  Maybe there’s something causing that to happen.