WD Smartware

Hi everybody! Please, tell me how I can install on my WD PE 160 Gb WDSmartWare. I know that virtual disk on device must be install. How can I do it?

Can you elaborate on your question?  Are you asking how to install SmartWare or how to install the drive in general?  What operating system does your computer have?

The Westen Digital company produce external drive with already installed WD Smartware software now. For example, My Passport Essential (+ WD SmartWare). My question is, can I to install this software on external drive myself or it possible with special equipment only?

Windows 7 installed on my computer and when I install the software EssentialElite_FirmwareUpdater_v2.010(1.0.8.3) a window appears “The application has encountered an unexpected error and is now exiting”. When I install soft WD SmartWare Virtual CD Manager for Windows-v1.0.7.4 my external drive isn’t detected because there is no virtual disk on external drive. So, how can I to create this virtual CD and use this software?

Can you install SmartWare 1.3.0.16 directly from the updater?  If so, what firmware version does SmartWare detect on your drive?  You can also use SmartWare to disable your drive’s virtual CD instead of using the VCD Manager.

Yes! No work —  “The application has encountered an unexpected error and is now exiting” !! ((( (on the Win7)

“WDDM service not running” appeared

Does SmartWare open even without the drive connected?  If so, what happens if you open SmartWare and then connect the drive?