WD Smartware not working - already uninstall and reinstall

I have been to this board already for help with  my error message “wd smartware has stopped working”.  Following instructions I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. I watched the passport backup all my files properly. Then I unplugged the drive following the instructions to safely remove the passport. Now when I plug it in again it says “wd smartware has stopped working” AGAIN! And it shows 0% used and LOCKED. It better not be 0% used. That would mean I have no backup. And I cant figure out how to unlock it when it says it has stopped working - it will not open the program to get to a place where I can even enter my password. I am beyond frustrated. This happans almost daily. I have uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I can remember to count. It is supposed to be an easy and convenient way to have a back up file. BUT I am concerned that I have nothing. And it is nowhere near convenient. I am so frustrated. Help, please.

In this case, I recommend you to start from scratch and make sure you use the latest version of Smartware that is available in WD web site, once I went through that all my issues with smartware were over. According to the issue you are explaining about the drive being locked and not showing the space, this might be due to data corruption and if that is the case the drive would need to be formatted to start using it again.