WD Smartware Alternative

I would like to know if anyone has found a backup software package to buy that actually will do what WD Smartware claims to do. That is, backup files continously as they are created or modified.  My WD Smartware 2.2.0 provides erratic performance in that it backs up files on an inconsistent basis. Today it might work fine and tomorrow it might not. This is unacceptable when the entire purpose of the software is to backup your files.  Checking your external drive continuously to determine which files are backed up properly and which are not is far too time consuming.  I don’t mind paying for a good user friendly backup software package if it will actually do what it claims to do.   All suggestions appreciated.

Curtis2013 wrote:

I would like to know if anyone has found a backup software package to buy that actually will do what WD Smartware claims to do. That is, backup files continously as they are created or modified.  My WD Smartware 2.2.0 provides erratic performance in that it backs up files on an inconsistent basis. Today it might work fine and tomorrow it might not. This is unacceptable when the entire purpose of the software is to backup your files.  Checking your external drive continuously to determine which files are backed up properly and which are not is far too time consuming.  I don’t mind paying for a good user friendly backup software package if it will actually do what it claims to do.   All suggestions appreciated.

ANY software you install on your computer that is not branded for hard drive makers will work on your computer, even out of the box you can use Windows Backup/File History on Windows and Time Machine on Macs, you don’t even need smartware.

Download any free software from Google and call it a day.