WD Smart Ware didn´t backup the desktop folder on Win7

Hello,

since 2 weeks own a WD MyCloud 3T.

I installed WD Smart Ware (Version 2.4.10.17 German) on _two_ Windows 7 Home Premium Laptops. On both Laptops the desktop folder didn´t back up. All the other files and folders are backed up properly. I use the continues backup method.

I tryed the category backup and the files and folders backup but both don´t backup the desktop folder and the content. In the “files and folder” method, I can´t select the desktop folder or one of its contents. I can see the desktop folder and the the whole content in the list. But if i try to check the box it won´t get marked up.

I reinstalled Smart Ware but it won´t help.

MyCloud 3T Firmware v04.01.03-421

As a hint: A week ago the desktop folder was backed up on one comuter. What happend in between was the registration of smart ware and the latest large Windows 7 Security Update from 3.13.2015.

Maybe the problem is located somewhere there.

Hello,

I recommend you contact support directly for assistance with this.

Contact WD

After conntacting the german WD Support and some suggestions and several uninstalls I find the solution.

• turn on “show-hidden-files” in the Control Panel

( http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7 )

• Delete the folders

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Western Digital
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Western_Digital_Technolog

• turn off “show-hidden-files” in the Control Panel

That solved the problem on both computers. No reboot or further installation required.

Hope that helps