WD Sentinel DX4000 - Microsoft Server 2008R2 Essentials - Recovery "Unsupported Protocol" preventing set up to complete

Hi, we have been using Sentinel DX4000 since 2012. During a restart a few months ago it got stuck at “Loading OS”. I performed a recovery using the iso image, but after the recovery was completed, and I reached the point to access the server through a browser, I was able to select the language, region, time, accept the license agreement, and as soon as I click next after accepting license agreement I get the error “The connection for this site is not secure “IP ADDRESS OF SERVER” uses an unsupported protocol”. I have tried Edge, Chrome, played with settings to allow all kinds of access, even used browsers on my android and ios phones on the same network, and I get the same error.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Is there a solution to this? I have the recovery complete, but just before I can enter the license key, I am unable to proceed further and complete setup to access our data.

HI @umarsikandry ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

My thoughts are you have a bad recovery.
You need to verify the MD5 hash of your download. If it is correct I would suggest using a different thumb drive and do the recovery again.

Ignore below :slight_smile:
#WDUserRewards