WD Security not working with PowerPC

I just purchased a My Passport for Mac and attempting to use it on a 10-year old Mac running El Capitan 10.11.6.

I installed the WD Discovery for Mac and it refuses to launch even though it’s installed and there is an icon on the top toolbar. I click on the icon and a blank popup box only appears. I can use the drive without any problems but need to secure the drive. I then went to the WD support website and downloaded WD Security as a stand-alone application and I’m getting the following message when trying to run it. "You can’t open the application “WD Security” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

Two questions:

1. Is there a legacy WD Security app out there that will work with a brand new WD Passport for Mac AND a PowerPC Mac?

2. Can I install WD Security on a MacBook Pro and unlock that passport using that machine and then access the files by switching the Passport over to my Power PC? I am assuming every time I remove the Passport from a machine, it resets the security. Is that right?

Thanks in advance!