WD Ready NAS Duo V2 Problem

WD Ready NAS Duo V2 Problem

I have WD Ready NAS Duo V2, fitted with two WD Red 2Tb drives and two plug-in 2Tb USB drives. I have been using this very successfully for several years for three main purposes.
1/ To backup files onto a RAID drive
2/ As a Media Server, mainly feeding my Panasonic Smart TV with photos and videos
3/ As a convenient NAS storage for general use

However, although this has continued to work well as a media server, I am now unable to access folders from Windows 10 computers on my network, thus preventing me from using it for backup and general storage or, most importantly, to manage my media storage.

The error message on file explorer indicates incompatible security protocols (TLS 1.0 and 1.0) which are no longer accepted in later versions of the PC software (e.g. Firefox browser requires TLS 1.2 or above). The Ready NAS has the latest software installed.

So, I am faced with replacing the Ready NAS at a cost of £200 plus when it actually continues to function perfectly with compatible devices. I have linked an old Win 7 desktop from storage and the Ready NAS works OK, so it is not faulty

Can anyone help me to get it working fully on a networked modern Win 10 pc?

K0rky

Hi @K0rky,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask