I have recently had problems with reading data from my “My Book Essential Edition” drive after I installed “WD Quick View (184.108.40.206)” to monitor my new MyBookLiveDuo which I have setup as RAID1.
The “My Book Essential Edition” drive is fine, approximatly 75% full and is readable by other PCs.
My laptop is a DELL studio XPS 64Bit running Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1).
With WD Quick View installed I can see all of the top level directories but when I look in each directory they contain no data but the drive usage is reported as 368 GB in windows.
If I un-install WD Quick View, data can be accessed normally.
I believe that this could be a WD Quick View software bug!