WD Quick View / My Book Essential Edition Potential Software Bug

Hi

I have recently had problems with reading data from my “My Book Essential Edition” drive after I installed “WD Quick View (1.0.1.3)” to monitor my new MyBookLiveDuo which I have setup as RAID1.

The “My Book Essential Edition” drive is fine, approximatly 75% full and is readable by other PCs.

My laptop is a DELL studio XPS 64Bit running Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1).

With WD Quick View installed I can see all of the top level directories but when I look in each directory they contain no data but the drive usage is reported as 368 GB in windows.

If I un-install WD Quick View, data can be accessed normally.

I believe that this could be a WD Quick View software bug!

Thanks

Jelly100 wrote:

Hi

I have recently had problems with reading data from my “My Book Essential Edition” drive after I installed “WD Quick View (1.0.1.3)” to monitor my new MyBookLiveDuo which I have setup as RAID1.

The “My Book Essential Edition” drive is fine, approximatly 75% full and is readable by other PCs.

My laptop is a DELL studio XPS 64Bit running Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1).

With WD Quick View installed I can see all of the top level directories but when I look in each directory they contain no data but the drive usage is reported as 368 GB in windows.

If I un-install WD Quick View, data can be accessed normally.

I believe that this could be a WD Quick View software bug!

Thanks

I don’t think there’s anything anyone can suggest on that. if you can confirm the files are seen when the QV is gone then call WD and report it.

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I suspect that this is a QV software bug so I will be reporting it.

Thanks again