WD N900 Dashboard says Internet connected - Advanced Settings says "Not Connected"

Weird one this…

My Dashboard says Internet Status is “Connected”, but on Advanced Settings it says it is “Not Connected”

The internet is actually connected and working despite what it says in Advanced Settings. My Modem is a Viasat as I have Satellite broadband

Clicking on “Release” and “Renew” does nothing. Only a reboot will sometimes correct this and then after an hour or so it goes back to saying “Not Connected” when it actually is.

I am just wondering if this an indication that this router is starting to die (it is 6 years old) or is it something else that won’t be solved with a new router?

Any help would be appreciated.

Does no one have any idea about this?

Nope. I just dug my old n900 out of my closet to use as an access point and its doing the same thing for me. Internet works fine, but the stupid thing says “not connected” in the status screen.

Western Digital wont do anything to fix it. Heck, they stopped fixing these things back in 2013. People should have found some ambulance chaser lawyer and sued their ass.