WD MyCloud Gen2 - Enable apps install tab + Apps!

Hi, i overwrote define.js in local path via WinSCP and everything goes fine. I found “+ button” in APP label without install WDCrack and I installed Transmission APP in bin format.

After a few days (I do not know why) I decided to install WDCrack but I noticed slowdowns, then I uninstalled it and since then no longer run third-party applications: Transmission does not connect, Dropbox does not update the files. In APP label no longer works the “+ button” (and -) and the Chrome console said:

Failed to load resource: http://10.0.0.120/cgi-bin/apkg_mgr.cgi
the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
VM138:103 result: null
jquery-1.9.1.min.js:5 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘AppsListing’ of null(…)
http://10.0.0.120/web/jquery/flexigrid/images/wbg.gif Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

I tried to factory reset, downgrade but… nothing. What I can do? Many thanks

I just figured out a solution if you have Google Chrome and use the inspect element you can remove the greyed out part of the code and it gives you a box to install apps.

Proof:

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Thanks to your hint now I can install third party app until page refresh, but still remain that error with usual slowdowns

I just installed WDCrack but nothing changes…

Did you try a reboot. Unplug power and wait a few minutes.

Nothing :frowning:. After power cycle I also have to copy the function.js via sFtp because the web gui remained blocked on WD logo

Well… I basically replicated the exact steps you did but since I am using a mac and I don’t want to boot up my server is 8 P.M (at the time of writing) I decided to use cyberduck. If you think the unit is bad you could send it in but remove all traces of modifications. (If you have warranty)

Honestly it looks like the unit is either beyond repair or soft bricked. If the web UI works then it works for now but maybe @Fox_exe could help you out.

I tried the @Fox_exe debrick method by installing the first firmware version (2.10.302), but still nothing.
My question: is there some kind of “clean install” for system firmware? I found my preferences even after installation in recovery mode.

Upload this file to 7rd partition:
(! Need check - on this partition files or just one archive? Or its dd image on it? - I forgot…)
mkdir /mnt/conf mount /dev/sda7 /mnt/conf rm /mnt/conf/* -R tar xvf default.tar.gz -C /mnt/conf

default.tar.gz.zip (14,8 КБ)

Its default settings files from fw v2.11.133 (Compatable with older/newer versions i think.)

1 Like

Hi. I tryed this. When i “refresh wed page” i just get a my cloud logo.
Only thing to do is to pull the Power and it will work again. I don’t get the +app tab :frowning:

I’m on firmware 2.21.119

Hi. I’m on the same firmware. Can’t get this to work :frowning:

What is happening? Or better what is not happening?

E

When i “refresh wed page” i just get a my cloud logo.

Maybe you could start by telling what you have done?

I login with SSH with puddy. I followd the steps. When i refresh the web page i just get a WD My cloud logo.

Enable SSH access
Connect via SSH to WDMC (Login: root)
Copy define.js to Public dir
In SSH run this:
rm /usr/local/model/web/pages/function/define.js
ln -sf /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/define.js /usr/local/model/web/pages/function/define.js
Refrash web page (WD Web GUI), go to Apps tab

Try this (Last step):
chmod 777 /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/define.js

Now i got it to work!
Thx for this crack and help :grinning:

Dear Fox_exe and fellow users,
First thanks for saving the device for me. I got it yesterday, and I was expecting to get all of this functionalities included. I already tried your crack and works pretty good, with the exception of Dropbox and “help” pages. It asks me to log in with my account, then redirects me to dropbox to allow access, which I do, and afterwards nothing happens. In the case of help pages I get “Not Found. The requested URL /web/WebHelp/09022015/EN-US/index.htm was not found on this server.” Am I doing something wrong? The firmware I’m using is 2.21.119.

Cheers!

Thanks very much Fox_exe for the ‘hack’

after installing the WDcrack

I tried to install Milestone Arcus but it fails to install

http://downloads.wdc.com/apps/MyCloudEX2Ultra/Arcus/MyCloudEX2Ultra_Arcus_2.4322302.bin

I guess it’s not ported yet so I cannot use this app right now

is there a way to port this app to install it ?

Yes, all WD packages available for porting to wdmc gen2. Just need repack.

1 Like

thx for the fast reply

is there a “how-to” unpack and repack?

and thx again for sharing the info