WD MYCLOUD cant be seen

Hi guys

I have a Mycloud network drive. I recently formated and reinstalled my computer, since then the drive has been asking for a password for access. I used the default admin in both fields which worked fine and got me in,but now certain apps I use both on my pc and my android media server can no longer see the drive.

Anyone help ?

Hi jockinaus, welcome to the WD Community. Try pressing the reset button on the back of the My Cloud for 4 seconds, this will reset the password to the default value of none and to default IP settings. 

jockinaus wrote:

Hi guys

I have a Mycloud network drive. I recently formated and reinstalled my computer, since then the drive has been asking for a password for access. I used the default admin in both fields which worked fine and got me in,but now certain apps I use both on my pc and my android media server can no longer see the drive.

Anyone help ?

Good that you were able to get in using some login atleast. I updated few days ago and im stuck at the login screen and NO login works at all. Even did a reset, even the ADMIN login with no password doesnt work!!! 

i have case open with WD for this.

I have three of these drives, each one of them has a differentl problem.

All on the latest FW.

One drive i cannot login anymore

Second one, loses network connectivity every day, sometimes twice a day.

3rd one, i had to open it up so that i could recover my data. These drives are useless as NAS in my opinion.

I was stupid to get 3 over the last 2 years. I would not even take them now even someone was giving me free ones.