WD MyBook World Edition (Blue Rings) - Conecting to Mac OSX

Hi Guys, I am a first time poster so please forgive me if my etiquette is not quite up to spec . I have a bit of a puzzle on my hands and i am wondering if anyone can help me solve it. I have just been given a 1TB WD MyBook World Edition (Blue Rings). I have connected it to my macbook pro via to see if it would show up straight off the bat. The device did not display - Refusing to give up i connected it to my the wireless router in my house - Success it worked. One small problem though, i live in a rented shared house and i do not feel comfortable a. leaving it in a communal area (as the router is in the lounge) b. the data transfer rate over wireless was pitiful for the use i require. Again being defiant and refusing to give up i dug out an old router and thought up the ingenious idea of using it as a DHCP server and running a private network to use the mybook. However i overlooked the fact that i would require the wireless network regardless. So i guess what the problem boils down to is - A. How can i connect to two networks at the same time? + B. How can i run the mybook running directly via Ethernet and still retain internet access via wireless? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to inform you friend but from what I see off the documentation that  drive is not compatible for mac

Take a look

http://www.wdc.com/en/library/usb/2178-701072.pdf?wdc_lang=en

this is compatible with mac you only have access via samba or port 139 sorry no time machine access.