WD My Passport Ultra 3 TB

I have purchased 3TB My Passport Ultra and 10-15 days of transfer of data to the extent of 300 GB files were made. Suddently it is not deducting in my Computer when inserted in the USB Port. I do not find any solution for the backed up DATA. While approaching WD Support Toll Free Number they confirmed that the Data Recovery is not within their warranty and the product can be replaced at free of cost as the warranty is available till Year 2018. I have approached for the Data Recovery and they informed that the Data Recovery may lead to tampering the Drive and they have advised to check with the WD whether they can replace after the Data Recovery and then the recovery process can start. Or Else I may loose the warranty and also spend money for the Data Recovery and also to go in for new Drive some more money to be spent.
I am helpless and clueless as WD is closing the support cases after the period lapses.
Can the WD Community advise their experiences on the WD Support and specific to Data REcovery aspect.

Hello,

I recommend you contact WD support and let them know your are going to proceed with data recovery. This way they will know that your dirve will be opened and they wont void the warranty on it.