WD My Passport not recognized after password entry

I know this is a commonly asked question with some common answers, but I have looked through all of the websites, tried different programs, I tried:

Unplugging laptop and fully powering off

• Renamed the drive letter
  • Replaced the cord
  • Tried on multiple computers
  • Tried Chkdisk
  • Tried fixing through device manager to bypass WD Unlocker
  • Tried messing with all of everything’s properties

NOTHING has worked. And YES, I have the password.

To get into detail, let me explain the problem. I was transferring files from my ancient Windows 7 laptop and half way through I start getting errors and the device automatically disconnected. When I tried reconnecting and logging in with my password the device takes a minute and then I get a notification from Windows that my USB device was not recognized.

Now, I know that a lot of things could be the fix, but the biggest issue is the way the password gets in the way. To access the drive I need to enter my password, else I just get the WD Unlocker thing on My Computer and when I do that I get the USB error. Does this affect any of the fixes or any third party software since there is a password? I figured it might since this would technically just bypass the password to extract files, which I assume is not allowed.

I even have tried using the WD Smartware software and I get the same USB error.

I also tried using 3rd party software to scan the drive (EaseUS and Yodot) to no avail. No partitions found, no errors found, nothing.

I know there’s some conventions on this site that I haven’t adhered to, but I promise I’ve looked EVERYWHERE and I get the same fixes that I’ve tried. There are photos of my girlfriend’s dead mom on there that we really need and it would be absolutely devastating to lose them.

If it’s corrupted and I can’t do anything about it, is there a 3rd party somewhere that can unlock it despite there being a password? Or if I format it would it make it easier to retrieve these files?

TL;DR - WD Passport USB not recognized after entering password in WD Unlocker, tried all common solutions, is fixable in any way without formatting?