WD MY PASSPORT Help!

Hi, 

I have a 1TD WD my passport. I’m having problems with it. The hard drive can be detected but once i click on the files (video files) it plays it but keeps on starting over again and doesn’t finish like a broken CD. once i transfer files from the HD to the laptop or PC it wont finish, same as adding files in to it.  it get stuck and won’t progress. tried it with 2 pc’s and a laptop and with different wires/cable. It has same problem. 

Tried reformatting it hoping for it to get fixed but with no luck. same problem exist after using WD reformatting tool. i tried looking on the knowledge base but can’t seem to find an answer. 

Can someone pls. help me regarding this problem? It still has its warranty should i send it back or can i fix it by myself?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

Try to run a diagnostic on the drive to see if it has any problems, you can download the Drive utility for the drive and run a diagnostic from it to see if the  drive has any issues.

Hope this helps you out.

Hi

I thought i was setting up security on one file to stop it being edited and now it seems i am locked out of my 1tb wd hard drive. there are no passwords set so hopefully i will be anble to resolve this.

thanks

e:  is not accessible

access is denied is what comes up when i try to open my wd 1tb hard drive

Re: WD MY PASSPORT Help!!!

Hi

I thought i was setting up security on one file to stop it being edited and now it seems i am locked out of my 1tb wd hard drive. there are no passwords set so hopefully i will be anble to resolve this.

thanks

a moment ago

e:  is not accessible

access is denied is what comes up when i try to open my wd 1tb hard drive

THANKS ALOT … THIS SOLUTION IS 100% WORKING… ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TYPE THE CODE AS IT IS MENTIONED AND WAIT TILL IT AUTOMATICALLY FINISHES… DON’T INTERRUPT THE PROCEDURE… YOU DON’T NEED TO LOOSE YOUR VALUABLE BACKUPS …

The fault is with the partition table on your external hard drive. You can fix it by doing the following:

Open an elevated command prompt (Start menu → type cmd → hit Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

Type in the following command and press Enter:

chkdsk E: Replace E: with the letter of the drive you want to check.

After it finishes and gives you a report on bad sectors, retype the command, but add the /F switch:

chkdsk E: /F That should fix it. It took about 30 minutes for me, and when the process was done my files were still there.