WD My passport 500GB is not recognised on my pc

Hello

My passport  500GB only recognises itself on my perosnal laptop. I do have a password on the drive but would like to take it off to see if that will enable me to use it on my work laptop. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the home screen. The only options I have are to back up files or register my drive. If I try both it tells me that I need to disable my VCO. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Warren

Is the device connected to a hub or exstention? Make sure its connected directly to the back of the computer.

WJacobs wrote:

Hello

My passport  500GB only recognises itself on my perosnal laptop. I do have a password on the drive but would like to take it off to see if that will enable me to use it on my work laptop. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the home screen. The only options I have are to back up files or register my drive. If I try both it tells me that I need to disable my VCO. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Warren

> * * *

Don’t disable the VCD with the drive locked. This software allows you to unlock the drive and if you remove it then the drive will not show.

Connect the drive to the computer that works. Unlock the drive and go to settings on Smartware to remove the password protection. Once it has been removed you can disable the VCD if you want.