WD My Net N900C - Access Point Mode - Storage problems

Hello,

I just bought a WD My Net N900C with 2TB storage, JUST for the storage :) 

I want to use the N900C as an Access Point to extend my Wireless covarage and still be able to use the 2TB storage everywhere i want.

The problem is, as soon as i set the N900C to AP Mode, the “Set Up Remote Access” section disapears! I can still connect to the SMB address, but i have 2 problems:

1. The Storage isn’t accesible from WD2GO.com.

2. I only have one volume named “Public” and i want to be able to have another volum or to rename this one, and delete the “Shared” folders (they still re-apear after i delete them).

Any ideea what can i do? 

At the moment, i’m thinking of buying a Storage Bay so that i can use the 2TB HDD inside the N900C and throu out the router :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you please help me with a solution to access the 2TB storage inside my Access Point on WD2GO.com and to administrate it as i want?

For example:

I have an WD MyCloud and i have set about 2 more volumes to it and it’s pretty good. I want to do the same on this 2TB storage.

I have the 

Local Master Browser - ON

The Local Master Browser works on a subnet providing a resource list of available clients.

On the Device Mode page i’ve tried setting the AP Mode with DHCP and Static IP and it still isn’t available on wd2go.

Waiting for your possitive answer, i don’t want to return the N900C.

Below you can see screenshots of the settings available for the Access Point Mode and the wd2go unavailable.

Firmware version 1.07.16.

It is true, on Router Mode , i do have the Cloud Option, but i need the N900C to be on Access Point connected to my main Router.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 14.31.38.png

Hello there, 

I have not tried this, lets se if another user can share some information and tips on this matter 

Would really apreciate a solution to this!

I want to use the WD My Net N900C as an Access Point and still be able to access the 2TB storage remotely.

Hoping someone here can help me :)