I have tried several fixes and settings (mostly from tips I’ve read on this site) but so far I haven’t been able to get steady speeds on my WD My Cloud.
My issue is that when I transfer files from/to the drive the speed is rather unstable. For example when I stream music most of the times the song will stop at some point while playing.
My set up is:
- My OS is Windows 8.1, I connect through wifi (130 Mbps) and MyCloud is connected to my PC via a 1GB router
- My Ethernet cable connecting the WD My Cloud drive to the router is the one provided with the drive and light is green
- As per some advices in some posts I downgraded to version v03.04.01-230
- I connect to the WD mycloud with static IP address
- The UPnP Device Host service on my computer is running
As an example here are two screenshots when copying from the drive using the Windows explorer
- In this one I was coping a folder with several files:
- Copying one larger (100 mega) file
Any suggestions on how I can get a more stable connection when transferring and streaming files? Many thanks,