WD My Cloud: Unable to access device. (0)

Hello everybody, new to WD My Cloud and new to the forum.  I’ve owned my WDMC for a few days now, and am having an issue with it.  I’m capable of connecting to the WDMC through my LAN, but off site using 3G/4G network or connecting to a different WiFi I’m getting the error, “Unable to access device. (0)”. 

My internet providor is Mediacom, and my router is a Netgear CG3000D.  I’ve added port forwarding to port 80 and 443 in the router.  And I’ve spoken with Mediacom technical support and they assure me that Mediacom is not blocking ports 80 or 443. 

I’ve made sure I have the latest firmware on my WDMC, I’ve reset the whole system, and tried everything I know of under the sun but with no fix.  So I spoke with WD technical support over the phone and after about an hour the level 1 tech informed me to get in contact with my ISP to check for ports 80/443 being blocked.  Which I did, and then he gave me a refference number, had me email him all the log information to him.  And asked me to call back to be transfered to a lv2 tech.  I went to call back but I’m assuming they are closed, because I got a message in Spanish and the phone hung up. 

I’ve tried to look for DMZ and Upnp options within the router, but the UI of the router is so basic I have no advanced options what so ever. 

I figured I’d try on here to see if anybody could help be since I won’t be able to contact tech support again until tomorrow after work.  Figured it would not hurt to try.  Any kind of help would be wonderful.

Not sure if there are any WD Techs that help on these forums, but if so and a refference number would help my number is: [Deleted] 

Try this:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/HOW-TO-Troubleshooting-Remote-Connectivity-Issues/m-p/617261#U617261

After another hour on the phone with a lv 2 tech we’ve come to the conclusion that I need UPnP enables.  BUT my router does not have the ability to do so within the UI.  So I contacted Mediacom tech support, and they remoted into my router only to inform me that there was no capability to configure UPnP on this router the Netgear CG3000D.  I then asked if there was a more capable router I could get from them.  I was told I can go to the home office exchange the router, or I can buy my own…  At this point I’m just about ready to return the WDMC unit and get a refund it’s such a hassel.

Did you read my post?