Wd my cloud not working upstairs

my my cloud does not work upstairs and if im downstairs it just works fine i tested my internet upstairs and it’s fine ( 176 MBs) but is still just can’t copy data it can read but it’s having a hard time its just a 1080p 30fps video i edited but it’s not smooth (slide Show) hopefully someone can leave a helpful message

thanks.

Hi @mika_jordens,

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

The “MyCloud” is a NAS that should be plugged into a wall with a power cable and plugged into a router with a Cat 5 cable.

When you say it doesn’t work upstairs. . . I suspect you mean that your transfer rate to a (wireless?) laptop drops off?

Sounds like a standard wifi problem. Things to try;

• Use a 2.4ghz band; instead of a 5.0 ghz band
  • Use a wired connection :slight_smile:
    • You can use powerline wired adapters. . .very cool
  • Use a wifi extender.

my wifi is probably fine i can easily watch 8k 60 on my MacBook and a wifi test shows its fine to and my macbook says its full strength but how do i get wired internet upstairs???

So is the performance issue with the laptop just upstairs; or do you have problems when the same laptop is downstairs?

Options to get wire upstairs:

• Wifi extender (basically a second router upstairs: note: Internet speeds drop in half when using extenders)
  • Ethernet powerline adapter. Cat 5 wire to a “plug” downstairs. Signal goes over your AC wiring. . .to a Plug upstairs which has a Cat 5 cable. . . .haven’t played with this for data; but I have used it successfully for airplay (music)