WD My Cloud Ipad

Hello.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to select multiple pictures from the ipad using the WD My Cloud app. I’m pretty sure other has tried and failed just like me. Anybody with a solution?

I tried to use WD Photo app for Ipad and that one has a bulk select function. The downside is that for some reason the WD photo upload is uselessly slow when uploading pictures to the WD disc. Another problem is access… I can’t see the file structure using the WD Photo.

Regards

Has your app got an icon with a small tick in the left hand corner at the top right of the screen. If so just press it and selection boxes appear.

JanZiel wrote:

I can’t see the file structure using the WD Photo.

What do you mean?

The WD Photo app doesn’t show the Shared Photos folder. Only a folder that i’ve created using WD My Cloud where the pictures aren’t uploaded too anyway. So currenly I’m uploading using WD Photo (whenever it works) and watch/manage using WD My Cloud… Not even after uploading photos…

I Can’t see that particuar icon. When I want to upload, a new centered window opens with all the Ipad albums. There I can enter any album on my Ipad. There I can select each and every photo… that’s the only acive window at the time.

I’m about to return my WD to the store again. I’ve been trying to resolve this for 4 days. So far I’ve been using Apple products for 2 years without worries. This is the first time for 2 year i buy a non Apple product and I have to spend 4 days in getting an answer to a (by my opinion) a very basic function. I think this WD disc concept is by far the best and I would really like to make the best of it but right now I’m only having problems. Does anybody know, how to select multiple photos using WD My Cloud on Ipad? Is it at all possible?

JanZiel wrote:

The WD Photo app doesn’t show the Shared Photos folder.

I still don’t know what you mean.  

Yeah, it won’t show the folder because there’s no need to.   It shows everything IN that folder, though, and should show nothing else.

If you want it to browse by the folders inside, then select that view from the WD Photos browser.