WD My Cloud iPad app storage issue

Hi,
Sorry if this has come up before…

I’m trying to send a bunch of photos and videos from my daughters iPad to the home MyCloud. It started off just fine then ground to a halt. I then started trying to just send a couple of files at a time… pretty soon the iPad started to complain about no storage being left on the device. I now see that the myCloud App is consuming over 1.2GB of storage on the iPad itself!! Huh? the cache size was only set to 1GB and I have tried clearing the cache 101 times… it says it did it but IOS still reports > 1.2GB being used by the app… I have rebooted umpteen times and its not releasing the storage … and because of that I can not send anything else to the MyCloud device…

The MyCloud App is actually STOPPING me from doing the VERY THING its is meant to make easy…

Any suggestions for how to solve this, please?

The cache and storage is not the same thing. Do you know what exactly is in storage? Could be other files or downloads. If you can determine what it is, or at least have backups of what it is, I suggest you uninstall the My Cloud app from iPad, reboot iPad and then reinstall as this will delete what is stored. FYI my iPad shows under the iOS storage button around 66MB stored in the My Cloud app, so yours is very high compared to mine.