WD My Cloud Home

Hello, thinking of purchasing a WD My Cloud Home. Was just wondering how can a Sony Smart TV pick up the video files downloaded on the device?

لا يهمني بعد ان عرف مااذ به

You can use the native support to UPNP or if you need something more elegant, you can use Plex.

I won’t recommend this device for any purpose. You won’t receive any customer service at all.

1 Like

That’s true. Especially if you are an advanced user, you’re gonna get frustrated because you cannot change anything and this forum is just for customers, they don’t help anyone here.
Watch some videos about Synology, their competitor. Their community is way more active and they have more apps.

1 Like

I have made many mistakes in life, but buying a WD Cloud home is one of the largest mistakes I have made. This single device has cause me may days of pain and frustration. When I am fixing this device I am simply not making money, or perhaps missing a deadline :frowning: … If it was not for community nothing would be solved with WD. Every time, there is an update I have to delete the old installation and install as new, I have been forced to this again today and now I cant log in via PC (OK with web). When I am working away the device will often go off-line and the wife cannot deal with it.
If you take my advice… Switch off this web page, never think of it again and walk away now… In fact RUN!

1 Like

Hi Sammy ,
dont do it to yourself.
if you like your data and its very important, save it in other product.
my device become offline suddenly at the middle of the day and BOOM the support doesn’t have any solution.
thats SHAME.

1 Like