Wd my cloud ex2 -questions

Hi! I have few question about the product… Im not familiar with a net structure and im abit confused about the info i have read. 

1. What does “up to 5 user” means? Does it mean, that im only able to add 5 differend devices (with own special codes) that can connect to the my cloud? Or is it im able to add 5 private “folders” and the user can add as many devices as he owns?  

2. Can it be used as typical drive? If im going to copy picture folder from my laptop to the my cloud, can i just use drag and drop method? How about when copying ithe folder from my cloud back to the laptop? I read it from somewhere that it makes zip-files instead of copying it as a folder.

3. I understood that i need to install special app fro android and ios devices to use it? But with osx and windows it is shown as a drive?

4. I dont have static ip, it may change often. If it changed while im not at home (e.g. modem is rebooting), how am i able to connect it when i dont know my external ip? 

internet - cable modem (work as a wireless rooter / ethernet) - android tvbox - laptops and phones/tablets (all are wireless)

Hello Xenigmax, Welcome to the WD Community.

To answer your questions.

1 - You are able to connect more than 5 users to the WD My cloud each using their own activation code, you can also create more than 5 private folders. Where are you seeing the “up to 5 user”?

2 - The drive can be use as a regular hard drive, you just need to map the unit to get a drive letter. You can review this link on how to  map a drive on Windows  http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2676, you can also check this one to map it on Mac OS X  http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2686.

3 - For you to access the drive from Mac OS X or on Windows from your local network you don’t need to install any application, but we do recommend to user the WD My Cloud Desktop to access the drive remotely. If for some reason you are unable to do this (Ex. Accessing from a cyber cafe) you can go to www.wd2go.com to remotely access the drive.

4 - You don’t need to know you external IP address to remotely access the drive, so you don’t need to worry about this.