WD My Cloud disk replacement

Hi.

First of all thanks for those greatfull guides on this forum and the great help that those guides and coments brings to the comunity.

Im writing because i have a crazy idea. Let me explain what i have in mind.

Some days ago i get a my cloud enclosure without drive, thats was a gift from a friend, i get a 3tb hdd from another manufacturer and get the Wd my cloud back in business. but that is my main drive, its my bigger drive, so i got a brand new 1tb wd green, i use the virgin image of a 2TB to get it work,  i can get into the dashboard but the partition its not mounted, of course i now that it will not work with the proper format or some little work that i dont now how to do it or what to do. i tried with gparted but gparted doesnt let me format or create a partition with the remaining free space on the drive.

if somebody has a sugestion, idea or a procedure to fallow plase let me now.

Thanks again. 

Dammsaint wrote:

Hi.

First of all thanks for those greatfull guides on this forum and the great help that those guides and coments brings to the comunity.

Im writing because i have a crazy idea. Let me explain what i have in mind.

Some days ago i get a my cloud enclosure without drive, thats was a gift from a friend, i get a 3tb hdd from another manufacturer and get the Wd my cloud back in business. but that is my main drive, its my bigger drive, so i got a brand new 1tb wd green, i use the virgin image of a 2TB to get it work,  i can get into the dashboard but the partition its not mounted, of course i now that it will not work with the proper format or some little work that i dont now how to do it or what to do. i tried with gparted but gparted doesnt let me format or create a partition with the remaining free space on the drive.

if somebody has a sugestion, idea or a procedure to fallow plase let me now.

Thanks again. 

Looks possible, but you need some knowledge of Linux systems.

Yeah, i now, thats way im asking for help.

Dammsaint wrote:

Yeah, i now, thats way im asking for help.

Basically you have to copy a valid disk image onto a fresh disk drive connected to a linux PC:

Since no fully healthy images are available you then must tweak it somehow :wink:

Searching this board you will find some HowTo.

Good Luck!

The fresh image was restore to the drive, but the image its from a 2tb virgin my cloud, theres have to be a way to create the long partition with some command line, but i dont now how.

As a saint: Plug an pray :wink: