WD My Book Duo Stopped Working After Power Tip

Hi all,
I believe I had looked through all threads in this forum long enough to believe this is a rare problem so I have decided to create a new thread on this.

I am using my My Book Duo (WDBLWE0120JCH-00) just a couple of hours today when the power plug connecting my WD and the wall socket blew in a middle of my file transfer operation. After this, I used a spare power plug and proceed to continue my operation again.

Unfortunately, despite managing to power on. My PC failed to read my WD Red NAS drives installed in My Book Duo. The 3 distinctive red LED lights are flashing when this occurs.

I attempted one of the methods that I read on here which is to remove the drives inside the enclosure and see if the PC is able to detect the enclosure.

Under Disk Management, the enclosure is detected by my PC, but needs initialization. I proceed to power down, insert one of the drives into the enclosure, and power on the device again. Unfortunately, the 3 LED lights are flashing again, indicating that the drive was not detected.

Would I need to purchase a new enclosure (of the new model) for my drives to be read? Or are there other methods where this can be done? Appreciate any advice that the community can provide me with regards to this.

Hi @best_wl ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

Hi,
Thank you for the advice. Will proceed to submit the case.