Unfortunately it seems as if with 1.01.17 they took out the USB upgrade support. I am running firmware .17, and the instructions I find online to update firmware go as follows:
- Open the firmware update .ZIP file and extract the two files (.BIN and .VER) to a
USB drive’s main directory
- Turn the WD TV on and connect your USB drive
- Use the remote control to select SETTINGS from the home screen
- Highlight the firmware upgrade icon, and press ENTER on the remote
- You will be prompted to perform the firmware upgrade. Select OK and press ENTER.
This will restart the system
- After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode
- Once the update process is completed, the HD media player will restart again
I do not have a firmware upgrade icon.
I downloaded a downgraded version of the firmware to install, but am unable to do so.
So, whats next?
I bought this device to use with PlayOn so I can watch netflix and Hulu on my TV. I am VERY disappointed its not working out of the box.