WD live Hub not finding Synology DS210j

Hi,

Have just bought WD live hub, but have some problems.

When I use the internal disc, everything is fine, but when I try to access my Synology NAS I encounter the following:

With the DLNA/UPnP server not activated the Hub can’t find the NAS

With the DLNA/UPnP server activated I can access the specific DLNA folders (video/music/photo) but the folders only show folders not covers and stuff. And at the same time I cannot just start the movie like on the internal disc, but selecting the folder just shows me the Audio_TS and Video_TS folders even though the folder structure incl. files cover art etc. is exactly the same as on the internal disc.

What am I doing wrong, do I have to use the DLNA/UPnP server?

Is the only place the Synology should appear  the ‘Media server’ list not ‘Network share’?

How should the Synology be set op to be seen by the WD hub?

Thanx,

Jesper/DK

Hi

Are they both in the same workgroup? as it should prompt you for your Synology username and password which it will store for future use.

Thanx a lot for your help, that solved the issue. As soon as I changed the workgroup name, network share was an option and the Hub started compiling right away. But what about the folders. On the internal disc I can just select the ‘cover’ and the movie starts. On the Synology I have to open the folder and select a Vob-file. Is that a known bug or is there a solution to this?

Thanx,

/Jesper/DK

I rip my DVDs to ISO image and run them like a normal DVD. 

Guess that should do it, not a pretty solution though,

Thanx,

//Jesper

You should not have to do that.

As long as ALL of the files are present in a VIDEO_TS folder, selecting the “Cover” folder should play the movie if you’re pressing “OK.”