WD Live Hub: Network sharing and device reboot

Hello,

I saw quite a lot of topics with the problem with the sharing but not exactly what I’m experiencing. I have the device for 6 months now and I love it.

With the latest firmware upgrades, however, I think there is some kind of bug. I have to WD external HDDs and I have music and movies. Every day when I try to play anything from a NETWORK SHARE (doesn’t matter if I select windows or Linux) I get the endless arrow chasing itself, after Setup->System-> device restart I have no problem browsing my HDDs through Linux or Windows network share. It plays everything, but on the next day I have to do the same thing again if I want to play something from the network share.

I see the local hard drive and everything is gr8, but when I try to browse the network it just loops. Then hard restart, everything works and next evening everything should be done all over again!

It used to happen also with previous firmwares but not quite every night, just once in a while. I’m not completely sure if this behavious came from the last firmware, because I’m not tracking exactly when I upgrade, but definitely since the one that was released last week things became more unstable…

Just posted this this morning.  Working on having it escalated with WD.  This is definately a wide spread problem pre- last weeks firmware update for me. Please do contact WD as well - the more proof that the problem exists - the faster/better the chance we see a fix sooner than later.

I will do the same and contact WD - makes me feel better that I am not the only one… I am confident a solution will be found.

There is for sure some issue with disappearing Wndows shares under Windows 7.