WD live Hub - HD-video clip

Have taken some HD-video clip with my Sony Camera. When I play them on WD then first there is picture but no sound, then picture stops, sounds then starts, an black small info window pups up regarding sound, and then picture and sound is ok. What is wrong?

Lars

jessen wrote:

Have taken some HD-video clip with my Sony Camera. When I play them on WD then first there is picture but no sound, then picture stops, sounds then starts, an black small info window pups up regarding sound, and then picture and sound is ok. What is wrong?

Lars

How are you playing the clips - attached drive or network shares. Are using the latest firmware with auto frame rate. I have noticed that something like this happens when the TV resolution changes to that the video.

From the build in harddesk. Video starts up, bot no sound and after 2 seconds it stops and showing still picture, small black info box pops up on the middle of the screenn and saying someting about sound, and then video and sound is ok. 

Using latest software.  Im rather sure it has nothing to do with the TV, its the WD that are doing something.

There are some issues playing back certain M2TS files;  I’ve seen several people report similar symptoms with camera recorders like you describe.

Does your Sony record in M2TS format?

Its something called AVCHD -format

What’s the file extension?

I don’t know what you mean??

• It’s AVCHD 1080i format??

AVCHD is .h264, (with AC3 or PCM audio) in a container that generally uses the .m2ts extension.

What is this “built in harddesk”?

You could transfer the file to your hard drive (i.e., import it into your computer), and give it an .m2ts exension, see what happens.  I have a file here that has an .m2ts extension, and it plays happily through my WD LIve (over network sharing), .h264 video, AC3 5.1 audio.

There are also conversion programs around, convert it to MKV or something.

Built in hard disk

“Built in hard disk”

Doh!

I was looking for something more complicated, like a browser or something in the camera’s software.

Video is downloaded to my PC where it works perfectly. Via an memory stick transfered to the WD and then problems are starting.  Can convert it to MPEG-2 or WMV, would that be an idea?