WD LIve hub 1TB connection issues since recent windows 10 update

I always used wd discovery to access my hub, but since the recent update the program wasn’t providing access to the drive. So when i tried connecting to the drive from the connected networks i get the following error:
[Window Title]
Open Folder

[Content]
\192.168.0.2\WDTVLiveHub\TV is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

[OK]

I haven’t been able find a fix but i think it might have something to do with the current drivers for the hub, i don’t think windows 10 likes them anymore.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

cheers

“TV” is a particular share. Can you access the Public Share within your WD TV Live Hub through Windows Explorer?

I can view the drive through explorer and actually copy and media from that drive to my pc, but i cant transfer anything onto that drive.

Hi, I have the exact same error occurring. I’ve tried switching my network from private to public and back again, cleared my credential manager, even went into the network settings on the WDTVLiveHub and cleared the saved passwords there, all with no luck. This started with PreRelease build 14931. I am going to try switching to the fast builds and grab the 14936 build to see if it goes away. I also downloaded the WD Link software which could see the device, but it would not let me connect to the folder on the WD either, though I can see the Twonky server and the the device and access it’s web page. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I solved it! Here’s the fix:

1. Run Credential Manager
  2. Click on Windows Credentials
  3. Click on “Add a Windows Credential”
  4. In the Network Address Box, type “\WDTVLiveHub”
  5. In the Username Box, type WDTV
  6. Leave Password blank
  7. Click “Ok”
    You should now be able to access the share again.

Works, thanks alot. WD discovery still doesnt allow to map network shares, but i can now access it just using explore.

Hi,

I’ve try your solution but doesn’t work for me.

In the Network address Box, when I wrote \WDTVLiveHub they told me : Error Code 0x80070057 Invalid Data

I have the same problem and I’m disappointed. I love my WD live tv hub for many years of good service and now, since this update, I’m looking for the solution.

Thanks for your help.

it should have two slashes in front of the wdlivehub. The post didn’t allow
two slashes for some reason.

Hi!

Thanks for your help but doesn’t work for me. On the image, the red circle is the link to LiveHub who was always there even after the update. But, I never use it because I can’t Paste a file on my LiveHub at this place.

Before the update, I use a link who was appearing in the blue circle in the network section and I was able to paste a file this way.

I have a old computer for my childrens who still use windows 7 and this computer can still view my LiveHub this way and paste file but my main computer with Windows 10 can’t. An idea to help ? Is there another way to copy file except with an USB drive (long and boring).

Thanks again !

Since the update of Windows last night, my problem is solved. Thanks for your advice even if Windows was the problem… again.