WD leads consumers to commit a big error (WNDA3100)

ram1009 wrote:

I suggest getting rid of your **bleep** Netgear device and never buying another Netgear product.  Netgear has more compatibility issues than all of their competitors combined.  I wouldn’t blame WD or anyone else for dropping Netgear compatibility entirely.  You said your self that Netgear is hiding their version number in small print on the side of the box.  If they were being open (as they should be) they would want their potential customers to know the version number had changed.  Instead they make it inconspicuous.  Do yourself a favor and get a mainstream product.

As the adaptor is normally used with a computer a version change would make little difference to most people, its only when using with something like the WD player that its important. I also believe that most adaptor manufacturers do not quote version numbers in big print and retailers do not put them in the ads, that’s why users have so much trouble in getting the correct adaptors. 

Which so called mainstream product do you advise the poster to buy and how is a Netgear product not ‘mainstream’.

So, let’s see.  It’s OK for the OP to blame WD for lack of compatibility but I’m irresponsible for blaming Netgear instead.  At the rate new products are introduced in the computer industry nobody (including WD) can guarantee 100% compatibility.  The companies introducing the new products are the ones deciding who they will be compatibility.  Oh, BTW, explain to me again what I did wrong by not buying/using products that users didn’t like.  If the OP was not previously aware that Netware is heavily criticized by their customers I’ll bet he will be in the future.  Your opinion is as valid as any but I believe you’re outnumbered.

Hey ram1009, how about you just drop it and stop coming back in to get “the last word in” here?  I think you are outnumbered by a lot of people here who know what they are talking about.  I have read plenty of bad reviews about lots of products, and I attribute most of this talk to novices not knowing what they talk about.  Most network issues are problematic, not from the equipment, but due to incorrect setup in a number of ways, and can come in various degrees of severity.  Netgear makes good stuff and not so good stuff, like any other manufacturer, so just leave it at that and let’s all discuss something more important here.