WD Gold and WD Black

Greetings, I’m doubtful, I want one of these discs for HEDT, a PC for creative to use as a multimedia disc, I know all the specifications between the WD Black and WD Gold, I know that according to the manufacturer I should choose the WD Black because it is created for content creators and gamer, but I like the WD Gold better, although it is designed for servisors and data centers, its performance seems better, in addition to the lower noise levels. I suppose that the problem that I could have with WD gold would be compatibility with the firmware or the drivers, since the hardware is almost the same.

My question is: if there would be no problem in the operation when using it as a creative or gamer?

What problems could it present in order to acquire it?

I would like to know more information about their differences in terms of the drivers if possible.

Thanks a lot

Old post, but I have some experience with both. The Gold drives are noisy, the Black drives are VERY noisy! Red drives are much quieter. I haven’t used any green, blue or purple drives.

Pick your poison!

WD Gold are excellent and designed for RAID Array.

WD Gold will deliver identical 200MB/s bandwidth
a) As single drive
b) At RAID-1 Array

(Regular HDD when forming RAID Array, there is performance penalty)
Noise characteristics excellent, at idle and at load conditions.

But you must own an expensive and of thick steel (mini server class) Medium Tower, and not a cheap PC case from China, full of holes for incoming DC fan.