WD Essentials 1TB USB 3.0 not recognized by system ... sometimes

I have had this issue since buying the drive, and it only happens with this particular drive. I have a Passport Studio that works flawlessly on USB 2.0.

I have a fresh install of Windows 7 64-Bit, all the drives, including the USB 3.0 Host Controllers, are installed and working correctly. The drive WILL work and IS seen by the system, but in order to get it to work I have to unplug the power from the drive, and then plug it back in. Obviously this is a huge pain in the butt.

If the system is restarted, or even goes to sleep for a prolonged period of time I have to continue with the same stupid routine. Any fixes available for this? Any help would be great.

Motherboard is a Gigabyte Z68AP-D3.

Did this PC come with USB 3.0 or is it an addon?

Joe

If you took the two seconds to look up my motherboard model you would know that answer that question already.

I don’t mean to be a jerk, but really?

wacowacko wrote:

If you took the two seconds to look up my motherboard model you would know that answer that question already.

If you need assistance you need to provide information to get assistance.

We “don’t have” to look for anything unless we want to. 

Thx for helping us trying to help you. :wink:

wacowacko wrote:

Since you are acting like a jerk find the problem yourself this is just a user’s forum not customer service.

Joe