WD Elements play problems

I have a wd elements play. It has worked fine for a while but recently when i connect it to my tv and turn it on it will only show the wd logo and not go any further to see the files and let me watch what is on the box?

Someone please help im not that great with technical stuff :slight_smile:

You can try resetting the device.  the reset button should be located on the back of the device near the optical plug.

that worked, but now it says there is no content on there?

It worked, the content has shown up but everytime i turn it off by the powerpoint it does it again so i have to restart it again which i quite annoying?

bonnienixon wrote:

It worked, the content has shown up but everytime i turn it off by the powerpoint it does it again so i have to restart it again which i quite annoying?

What do you mean by “turn it off by the powerpoint”?  If you’re unplugging it or turning off the power strip, then that could be why.  Try turning it off with the remote.  Hold the remote power button down for about 4 seconds to shut off the drive inside.

Even turning it off by the remote it does the same thing and i have to restart it.

Did you do the reset?

Yeah  thats what i meant when i said restart i pressed the little button on the back. I think its just broken i have only had it a year so i would send it in under warrenty but i dont no were the recept it so i will just have to deal with it :slight_smile: Thanks for your help.

If you can access the drive’s user interface, at all, you can do a factory reset from within the device. It would be under settings.  I would try that to see if something messed up and can be fixed. 

If you need to, you can check the serial number of the device on our Support site to see if it’s still in warranty.  Then you can just RMA it if you think it’s broke.