WD elements doesn't get detected on Win 10

Hello,

I have a WD elements HDD which for some strange reason has stopped getting detected on my win 10 laptop. It doesn’t show under disk management nor in device manager. The white led is always on (does not blink as it should) when it is connected to my win 10 laptop and the vibrations can be felt. The hdd works flawlessly on my desktop pc (windows 8.1), I can access its contents too. I have tried reinstalling the usb drivers to no success.

Please help, thank you.

Hello,

Try updating the USB drivers on your Windows 10 laptop. Also make sure the drive is plugged in directly into the USB port. Do not use a HUB and/or longer USB cables.

Yes i did all the fiddling with usb and its drivers and i am not using usb hub. Still the problem remains.

@WD_MCH,

This issue still continues to occur. I can connect the HardDisk on my Windows 8.1 and connect, but not with my Windows 10 machine. Is there a fix? There has been no answer on this post for a very long time. Is this resolved by any chance? If so, can you guide?

Thanks,
Karthik

Hi rskarthik4ever,

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this for live assistance and troubleshooting

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support

Create a support case with our world-class service and support team.