WD Elements 4TB not working

Hello,

I own a WD Elements 4TB which comes with external power source. I connect it to the power, I connect it to my mac/my dell, the led indicator it’s on, but I can’t see it on any of my devices. I would also let it just sit there in hope it’s just slow, but I left it untouched for like an hour and still no answer. What should I do? I have important docs on there…

• Things I’ve tried: changing the port, plugging it with a adaptor/without adaptor, reconnecting it, restart my computer. None of these worked.

Thank you

Hi @danhepai ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

If your WD Elements drive isn’t showing up on your Mac/Dell? Don’t panic! Here’s a quick fix:

1. Double-check connections: Make sure both cables are secure and try a different USB port.
  2. Verify power: Ensure the external power source is plugged in and working (WD Elements specific).
  3. Look for the drive: Open Finder (Mac) or File Explorer (Dell) and check the “Locations” section for the drive.
  4. Try Disk Utility (Mac): If on Mac, launch “Disk Utility” and look for the drive. If it’s there but grayed out, try mounting it.
  5. Check Device Manager (Dell): Right-click “This PC” and go to “Device Manager.” Look for the drive under “Disk Drives” and update drivers if needed.

Still no luck?

• Stop using the drive! Further use might worsen data recovery chances.
  • WD Support: Visit WD Support for troubleshooting specific to your model.
  • Data recovery software (risky): Use only as a last resort.
  • Professional services (expensive): Consider this for critical data.

Remember, the sooner you act, the better the chances of recovering your documents.