WD easystore 4TB

I have recently bought a WD easystore 4TB external battery. I backed up all the information of a Macbook Pro (2012 I believe). Now I have a Macbook air and I am running into some trouble while attempting to open my information. I am mostly concerned with my photos app since I have countless memories. If I click on the external memory Icon that shows in my computer it says ¨You can’t open the application “Photos” because it is in a Time Machine backup¨. Now I tried moving it to a folder and opening from there, but it says ¨Check with the developer to make sure Photos works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS¨. What can I do to open my photos?

This is issue with Apple. You have to contact them. They tried to make thing easier but in reality, it is more difficult. If you want your drive to act as TimeMachine Backup and also able to read/write to it. Right click on the drive then click on Get Info. Then there is an option you can enable to allow both TMB and access right to drive from desktop. I don’t use Mac any more so I can attach a picture for you.