WD Easy Store 8 TB problems

Hello everyone. I have a WD Easy Store 8tb External drive that I ran into some issues with. I was recently attempting to move my tower, and in the process the external drive toppled off the top of it. It fell about four inches or so and landed on top of my modem / router. After getting everything back into place, I noticed the drive was no longer visible in windows explorer. It does show up under disk management, but it now says unallocated space. I can’t initialize it, format it, etc, and it fails the WD diagnostic tools test due to “too many bad sectors.” I’m assuming this, more or less, means the drive is toast, right?

It’s still covered under warranty, but I’ve never had to return something like this before. So, I’m nervous about sending something that contains personal info back to the manufacturer. Will my information be viewable / at risk by sending this in for a replacement?

Sounds about right

Accidents or Mishandling are not covered by Warranty (see Warranty Policy in the link below)

WD are not responsible for the privacy of your data or for data loss (see Warranty Policy in the link below) … even if they did replace it under Warranty, your data is Gone.