WD Discovery v4.1.270 doesn't run under MacOS Big Sur

I almost gave up after banging my head against the wall with the same issue but I was finally able to fix it. I found a link for “How to Uninstall and Remove WD Discovery on Windows and macOS”. The link is How to Uninstall and Remove WD Discovery on Windows and macOS. After I did the manual steps of deleting the files and folders listed in this article I re-ran the WD Discovery Installer and this time if finished 100%. It did take a few reboots but it was up and running after that.

Did everything you said to do and it did not work. (And I have the Intel not the ARM chip.)

Finally I’ve had enough and decided to revert back to Catalina. My last backup was on Catalina before upgrading to Big Sur. However, when trying to do the Time Machine System Restore, I’m getting an error message saying that there’s a problem connecting to My Cloud :man_facepalming:

Anyone else have this issue before and know the solution? Stupid Western Digital’s tech support is unhelpful as usual.

Hi. I’m new to WD My Cloud Home, and to this forum. I have a MacBook Pro with Intel CPU and Big Sur.

I set up WD My Cloud Home and ran into most if not all the issues described in this thread.

I then followed the following steps, largely compiled from the posts above:

1. Thoroughly uninstall WD Discovery. Treat it as malware. Instructions

2. Reboot

3. Install Big Sur version, v4.2.288. Instructions

4. Reboot

After these steps, I was able to sync 4 folders within Documents. Can’t sync Documents.

The two reboots were key. I still can’t get a 5th folder going. Will see if that’ll be doable after more files are synched up, or if it’s another bug.

Thanks everyone for the useful posts!

A new update for WD Discovery was released March 31, but it appears they haven’t resolved the issue with My Cloud Home not appearing on the desktop.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/downloads/release-notes/note_id/29475

Updated my Macbook last night. Woke up to a whole bunch of permission requests from WD (it auto-started) and LO AND BEHOLD! I finally see My Cloud Home in Finder!

I’ll admit I was a little suspicious about some of the permissions, but all of them - including one that was just some fellow’s name - all checked out with Google searches as being legit and tied to WD in one way or another. So HALLELUYAH!