WD Discovery Update Required

WD Discovery said “Update Required”, then had a button to “Update Now”, took me to Settings page, but left me there with no further instructions.

1 Like

I have the same problem exactly.

[quote=“gunar15, post:1, topic:238212, full:true”]
WD Discovery said “Update Required”, then had a button to “Update Now”, took me to Settings page, but left me there with no further instructions.
[/quote].
I hope someone would give a solution.
Thanks

It finally worked for me. I restarted my computer and then went through the WD Discovery screens again and there it was, the update button!! Can’t remember, it was under the APPS or STORAGE buttons. It all worked out. Good luck.

I’m at least two hours in and so far I have not been able to get the WD utilities to work:
I get this message when I run WD Drive Utilities
Attach a supported WD drive.

I get this message when I run WD Discovery
Update Required

When I press the Update Now button I get transferred to settings with no information about how to update WD Discovery.

I have been though a raft of permutations of the various solutions put forth without any success.

FWIW, it appears that WD Backup is working. At least it isn’t displaying the “Attach a supported WD drive.” message when it is run. And it appears that the drive is functioning properly. I was able to run programs off of it.

I have a Lenovo desktop computer. I have installed a n easystore 2 TB drive with a USB interface

Update to above post: I found a WD Discovery installation file on the WD website. I installed it. That completely fixed the WD Update Required problem. So the bottom line here is don’t install the WD Discovery program that comes on the disk

So I think I have found joy. Alas no. After I have a working copy of WD Discovery installed the options to update apps are displayed. It appears that no update for WD Backup is available, probably because it’s up to date. I clicked on the WD Drive Utilities update and that stalled about 75% of the way through. Then I clicked on the WD Secuirty update and that alos stalled about 75% of the way through.

So not I’m more than three hours in and still haven’t gotten WD Utilities to work.