WD Discovery update -- do I need it?

Over the past few months I have been receiving a message stating the WD Discovery is no longer supported, and providing a link to download an update. Before installing updates, I always like to know what it is for, and do I need it. It appears that this WD Discovery update is focused on enhancing My Cloud, it will help me synchronize my drives, share files and folders, etc.
I don’t need those My Cloud capabilities. My primary use of the WD drives is to generate safe back-ups of my files, and I generally do not keep these drives connected to my computer, where they might be invaded by ransomware or some other horrible software. So the My Cloud element of the WD Discovery update does not offer me anything I need.
But I still value the WD Drive Utilities and WD Security. So my question is, if I decline this update to WD Discovery, can I still keep and use WD Drive Utilities and WD Security, and will these two elements of WD Discovery continue to be available and updated?
Thank you, Rocker45

I had that issues too. I just had to uninstall the older version while following the steps to delete some certain type of WD files then re-install the newer version.

As for WD Drive Utilities, I am not quite sure what I need to do. I keep getting Windows notification and asks me if I should continue installing the WD Drive Utilities and WD Backup, I clicked “Yes” but nothing happen. Not to mention when I checked WD Discovery program and noticed both WD Drive Utilities and WD Backup weren’t “installed”, yet I still have both of them but using older version.

I’d like to know what to do with both older version after I re-installed the newer version of WD Discovery.