WD Discovery software not compatible

I recently bought my 10th WD external disk. This time it was WD SSD 1Tb Passport Go. After trying unsuccessfully for a few days to install the WD Discovery software (error message: Attach a supported WD drive), I turned to the WD support. They needed 8 days to tell that they have no compatible software. I have paid for the software, it was on the disk!, it just isn’t compatible. And they refuse to give me a brand name of a compatible software brand.
All in all, after 9 good purchases and the last one a terrible purchase, I can only say: purchasing a WD disk Passport GO is a waste of time and money.
And their support is horrible - either they don’t know anything or the support is indeed working without anybody controlling the automatic replies.
So: don’t buy it.

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about your experience.

Please refer to the following link: https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/1491#WD_downloads

What’s the use? I wasted all the time I was prepared to waste on installation of a compatible software, then I was told that compatible software for WD Passport Go does not exist anyway. I’ve had it with your time-wasting links. By buying this disk I was lied to and cheated.