WD Discovery installation failure, javascript error message

Hi @Serf,

Its been long since this issue, I know, but were you able to resolve this?

I am facing a Java issue while running the install of WD Discovery too and would like to know if you had any news/solutions at all.

Thanks!

NO, I gave up. I already had installed and paid for acronis true image 2016 before I bought the external drive. I just used it and never found a answer to installing the other wd program.

I am following your same path… :slight_smile:
Thanks for replying back!

I think i figured this one out everyone…I was getting this error constantly the last few days that WD Discovery would not install but then I thought about it and then I attempted to uninstall any programs or software I already had installed that was related to the software already included in this pack and it fixed my issue immediately and installed right away…I had WD Drive Utilities already installed which is part of this pack as well so after I uninstalled that it let me Install WD Discovery which included WD Drive Utilities…Seems to have a conflict with its own software when they are installed separately instead of the whole pack, registry problems maybe? Either way it worked…Hope this helps!

Ok - there goes that idea… If it had been FAT32 for example there might have been a problem with the path’s being too long… not an issue with NTFS though…

I’m headed into the office now. I’ll ask some folks if anyone’s ever come across this before.

I too am getting the same Javascript error message (as shown up at the top of this string). I just purchased a 2tb My Passport external hard disc. Have just installed the latest Java and restarted. Same error message. PLEASE ADVISE! I read the solution that TrigunGF gave, but I couldn’t find any WD programs to uninstall on my pc. Am running Windows 10. Am NOT a techie so I need good guidance.