Wd Discovery crash my iMac

Hi! I`ve benn using WD discovery for a couple of months but in the last week it started to crash my imac using all CPU % in wdsync process. Is there any way to limit this or to configure My cloud home device in order to work with my computer normally meanwhile the wd syncs files in background?

1 Like

Hi necro04,

Just try to re-install the WD Discovery and check if the issue still persist.

Hi Alex! i did it, but it doesn´t solve the problem. I found via Activity Monitor that the process WDsync when its working, take 150 % CPU, this is the root of my imac malfunction. Is there any way to limit the resources consumption in order to be able to use the computer meanwhile the Cloud updates data? I’m running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 - on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) - 3,2 GHz Intel Core i5 - 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

1 Like

WD Sync works with the background running applications continuously in macOS which is the responsible factor of high CPU usage. There is no way to reduce to consumption but you can pause the sync process.

I have the same issue on my iMac- WD Discovery-I can no longer access mycloud home using the app and now has also been interfering with my automatic backups.

I get the error message on the desktop app when trying to log into MyCloud Home:
My Cloud is having trouble connecting to the server. Check your internet connection and try again.

I can use Safari or Chrome to access my cloud home so internet is not the issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled WD Discovery several times now - always thought 3 times would be the charm- Not in this case.
I did get a message on my imac that WD Discovery needs to be updated to be able to continue to work with MacOS Catalina and is considered legacy software due to an extension within Discovery. This problem only started a couple of days ago.
I have no issue with Discovery on my MacBook pro- knock on wood

my iMac is running MacOS Catalina 10.15.6, iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017), Processor: 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5; Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4