WD Discovery causing constant USB drive access

Hello,

Ever since early May of 2020 anything connected to my USB
ports suffers from constant read-access. I know that it is being caused
by WD Discovery because after many months of research and testing I found that after
uninstalling WD Discovery this behavior stops. Upon installing WD Discovery the constant read-access to my USB ports starts all over again. This behavior happens on both my PC and Laptop. This makes the external HDD I use for backing up my PC being accessed
constantly and thus will shorten its lifespan. I have looked at every setting in WD Discovery and nothing will make this behavior stop. This needs to be fixed as it makes any drive connected to USB exposed to shortened life spans in addition to the increased system resources utilized by the PC. I am running Windows 10 Home Ver. 2004 Build 19041.331

Thank you in advance for any support.

Update: Upon further testing the constant accessing of all USB ports happens when any of these WD Software programs are installed.
1)WD Discovery
2)WD Drive Utilities
3)WD Security
It does not happen when WD Backup is installed.
Is anyone else having this issue? What would cause this constant USB port access?
This issue makes using any of my 4 WD External HDD kind of questionable.

1 Like

I get constant access on my C: drive, when those apps are installed. Every 3 seconds (roughly), the drive clicks. If I stop the WDDriveService service from task manager, the clicking stops. And then I can’t see the drive from the network.

It’s why I’m looking for a different NAS right now, in fact.