WD Dashboard

I an trying to erase all data on an old MyPassport Hard Drive using WD Dashboard however the Tools option does not appear to be working.There is no Create USB Drive option to select then select Boot from USB Drive.How can I get this option to work or can anyone advise any other method of erasing all Data from MytPassport.

Hi @Ambienttiverton,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Thank you. I have submitted a request for guidance.

I have now updated to a later version of WD Dashboard. It states that Erase Drive is not available for my Device. It advises me to use my system BIOS ? Im afraid I dont understand. I will look this up but if anyone can advise me on this that would be great .

I’ve encountered an issue with my old MyPassport Hard Drive and the WD Dashboard. When I attempt to access the Tools option, it doesn’t seem to be functioning correctly. I can’t find the Create USB Drive option to proceed with the process of erasing all data by booting from a USB drive. I’m seeking advice on how to resolve this issue or if there are alternative service to securely erase all data from my MyPassport drive.