Wd cloud backup for time machine

I have a wd cloud drive and its my time machine wireless backup…work great thanks wd! Anyway i have an older backup on a drive with apfs formatting like the wd backup…how can i…

A. transfer old backups to the wd drive
b. backup the time machine backups off of the drive for future security?

Aldo hoe do i backup or transfer the data from the current ed elements drive to anything…its a big drive and i want to repurose it. it was just to get a quick backup but now i can’t move files on or off of it when attached to my mac book pro or directly to the wd cloud drive…

I tried connecting a wd elements drive with the data and i can’t find anything to do either of the above.

any ideas appreciated.

What specific My Cloud device do you have? Note the My Cloud Home is a completely different device than the My Cloud line of devices, it uses a different operating system and has different features than the My Cloud. If you have a My Cloud Home, see the My Cloud Home subforum.

The question of how to properly move a Time Machine backup is a question for Apple not Western Digital. One can use their favorite internet search engine to find various articles on moving a Time Machine backup from one drive to another. For example:

How to Migrate a Time Machine Backup to Another Drive

How to Move Time Machine to a New Backup Drive

Transfer your Time Machine backups to a new drive with this guide

For a My Cloud to properly mount a USB hard drive attached to the My Cloud’s USB port the USB hard drive has to be in a My Cloud supported USB hard drive format.

My Cloud: External USB Drive Supported File Systems

its 4tb my cloud home, ill check the sub out. Thank you for the links. I’ve moved time machine backups in the past but for some reason since getting the wd my cloud home I can’t seem to move them. I’ll check the links if I missed something but I assumed it had to be the drive since its the newest addition however i’ll check the sub, i didnt know there was a my cloud line seperate from the home line…thank you for the clarification.